That is, these are things that are new in Bend, or are a result of progress, that I like. It’s a balance to my Things about Bend that I miss post the other day.
- …the Bend Public Library building. I have fond memories of the old building they used to be in, but their newer building is far better.
- …McMenamins’ Old St. Francis School. Can’t ever have enough microbreweries, and they’ve really done excellent work on the site. Plus, they brought back a movie theater to downtown Bend—a theater pub no less (which is what I always thought the Tower Theater should have been turned into)!
- …The Old Mill District. For the most part. They’ve developed the area much better than I would have thought.
- …newer restaurants like Zydeco, Mercury Diner, Merenda’s.
- …Barnes & Noble.
- …the Les Schwab Amphitheater.
More as I think of these, too.