Welcome! This is the personal website and online identity of Jon Abernathy, aka Chuggnutt. chuggnutt.com has been online since April of 2002 (April 22nd of that year is when I made my first blog entry) and while most of this site is a blog, there are a few other pages I’ve put up over the years, some of which have been popular in one form or another:
- Free Palm Reader eBooks
- What’s Your Matrix Name?
Open Source PHP projects:
- MySQL Database Abstraction Layer
- (PHP Class) Based on the DB MySQL class from the PHP
Base Library, this is a stripped-down MySQL-only database abstraction
layer that I use in all my PHP coding.
- Word Stemmer
- (PHP class) This is a port of the Porter Stemming Algorithm developed by
Martin Porter for reducing English words to their stems. Open source.
- HTML to Text Converter
- (PHP class) This class converts HTML to plain, formatted ASCII text. Open
- Geographic Codes
- (PHP class) This is a simple little class that maintains a hash of state
and country codes with their names with some output routines. Open source.
- PHP Jabber Class
- This is a class I haven’t worked on for years, hosted on SourceForge.
The purpose was to manage communications with a Jabber server. There’s no
files online anywhere, though. If you’d like to see them, email me.
I also write two other blogs:
I also maintain a number of social networking accounts:
You can try to get in touch with me on any of those sites, or you can fill out my contact form to reach me directly.